Who do we serve?
We serve all identified, eligible migratory students residing for at least one day in the state, between the ages of 3 to 21 years old and provide opportunities for parent involvement and support.
How does a child/youth qualify?
We serve children and youth who meet the following criteria:
- Age 3-21
- Have not yet received a high school diploma or its equivalent
- Have moved into a school district within the past 36 months
- Whose parent, guardian, spouse, or self is a migratory agricultural worker or a migratory fisher
Who is a Migratory Agricultural Worker or a Migratory Fisher?
Someone who made a qualifying move and engaged in (or in some cases-sought) temporary or seasonal employment in agriculture or fishing:
- Took place in the past 36 months
- Was due to economic necessity
- Was from one residence to another
- To engage in qualifying work
Eligibility sometimes can be a simple and clear-cut determination or can require more specific questions and details. For this reason- MMEP is the only agency that can determine whether a student qualifies or not.