The purposes of HEP: To help migrant and seasonal farmworkers and members of their immediate family: (1) obtain a general education diploma that meets the guidelines for high school equivalency (HSE) established by the State in which the HEP project is conducted; and (2) gain employment or be placed in an institution of higher education (IHE) or other postsecondary education or training.
-U.S. Department of Education – Office of Migrant Education
EDCO Collaborative was awarded a five year High School Equivalency Program grant (2016-2021) to enroll and provide services to qualifying students in the states of Massachusetts, Maine, Vermont and New Hampshire.
FREE HiSET/ GED TEST PREPARATION COURSES AND SUPPORT!!!
New England HEP is FREE to qualifying individuals.
Students will receive:
– Chromebook and wireless internet access (the Chromebook is theirs to keep upon completion of the program)
– Online curriculum for GED and HiSET test preparation
– Online and live tutors and advisors
– Access to other online resources and tools
– Instruction in English or Spanish
HEP Student Eligibility Criteria
- At least 16 years of age;
- Not currently enrolled in elementary or secondary school;
- Has not earned a secondary school diploma or equivalency.
- student or immediate family member must have worked in seasonal or temporary agricultural production work for a minimum of 75 days in the last 24 months
- eligible to participate in either the Migrant Education Program in Title 1 C of the U.S. Department of Education or the National Farmworker Jobs Program (WIA 167) the last 24 months.
EDCO Collaborative New England HEP works in collaboration with different partners. Here are a few key partnerships:
- University of Vermont Extension
- World Education
- EDCO Collaborative Massachusetts Migrant Education Program (MMEP)
- New Hampshire Department of Education Migrant Education Program
- State of Vermont Agency of Education Migrant Education Program
- Maine Department of Education Migrant Education Program
- Graduation and Outcomes for Success for OSY (GOSOSY) Consortium
- GED Gone Virtual
- New England Farmworkers’ Council
- Mano en Mano
- The National HEP CAMP Association