The IDEAS Book group provides an opportunity to meet with educators from IDEAS districts to share ideas on the selected books and discuss how they relate to educational practices and current events.
The book group meets six times over the school year from 3:45 to 5:45.
The books and dates for our meetings this year are:
- Between the World and Me AND The Beautiful Struggle by Ta-Nehisi Coates
October 13 at Needham High School
- An Indigenous Peoples’ History of the United States by Roxanne Dunbar-Ortiz
December 1st at Brooks School in Lincoln
- Despite the Best Intentions: How Racial Inequality Thrives in Good Schools
January 19 at Needham High School
- Ebony and Ivy by Craig Steven Wilder
March 2 at Brooks School in Lincoln
- The Other Wes Moore by Wes Moore
April 6 at Needham High School
- Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng
May 4 at Brooks School in Lincoln