Karen Thomsen, Program Leader
Office located at 36 Middlesex Turnpike, Bedford MA
Please join us for the First Annual Educator Conference! Click here for more details.
IDEAS builds upon EDCO’s mission in supporting member and non-member districts as they focus on culturally proficient schools and classrooms. IDEAS will extend the professional learning opportunities available to school districts as they work to enhance the culturally proficient practices identified in Standards II and III of the MA Department of Elementary and Secondary Education Model Teacher Rubric.
Programs and Services
- Professional learning opportunities in cultural proficiency to support equity and success for all students
- Student Leadership Conferences for middle and high school students to help shape diversity initiatives
- Consultation about curriculum and developing culturally proficient classrooms and schools
- Customized professional development workshops
- Monthly Affinity Group meetings for educators of color
- Ongoing Book Group discussions on topics of equity, race and teaching practices
- Tenacity Challenge: Academic Scholarship Competition for Latino and African-American students